Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Zach Galifianakis and Will Ferrell in St. Louis, Missouri

Will Ferrell visited St. Louis, Missouri for the second time yesterday. And I got to see him again, for the second time, in person. But this time he brought along someone a lot better than Mark Wahlberg. Comedian Zach Galifianakis, co-star of the new movie "The Campaign", also graced the stage with his funny and down-to-earth personality. I was standing right by the railing on the stairs and got to snag an autograph from Zach. As I handed him a printed out picture to sign he commented "This is a terrible picture of me". I laughed and replied, "I know. I did that on purpose." It was a very star-struck and stupid thing to say. He just kind of looked at me. He is such a polite and sweet man, and unfortunately I forgot to tell him thank you (from what I recall). It all happened so fast. Like a beautiful, bearded train-wreck. As we tried to get an autograph from Will, surrounded by his security, he mumbled off, "No, sorry guys". I was bummed, but still lucky to speak to Zach Galifianakis. I just wish I had something better to say to him. Don't get me wrong though. If Tom Cruise had walked down that red carpet I wouldn't have given two shits. I just have respect for people with brilliant comedic minds. It is not so much their celebrity as it is an aspiring comic writer's idolization.

The two and a half hour wait in the scolding sun with no water was worth it. If they ever come back I will go through all the torture of heat and stupid people again. I captured some of the event on video. But I couldn't film them when they were near by because I was busy trying to snag a sig.


Zach & Will Pictures






1 comment:

  1. I was there and I saw will ferrall. A true comic genius and I just couldn't stop laughing. Top notch!

    ReplyDelete