Saturday, July 30, 2011

Season Two of 'South Park'

Today we take a looky-loo at season two of South Park. Season two if my second favorite season, featuring such perfectly constructed episodes as "Chickenlover", "Ike's Wee-Wee", "Chickenpox", "Clubhouses" and "Prehistoric Ice Man". This season also includes the hilarious April Fool's episode "Not Without My Anus", one of my all-time favorites, which resulted in controversy when it aired instead of the conclusion of "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut". A few weeks later we find out that Cartman's father is actually his mother because she's a hermaphrodite. It isn't until season fourteen that it's revealed they lied about his father's identity and he actually turns out to be Scott Tenorman's dad who he had killed in season five. Deep, dark stuff. Season two is also the first time we see Cartman without his signature cap, Mr. Twig replaces Mr. Hat, and Mr. Hankey makes a triumphant return. Some think that this season was a disappointment, including Trey and Matt themselves, but it is when I really started getting into South Park. Season two will always have a special place in my heart and gave me one of the best years of my teenage life.
















Want more South Park? Join the South Park Songs Facebook fan page!

- Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Seasons 1 and 2 I feel were both a magical time for South Park. Everything they were doing was still so new and different, and the characters seemed truer back then.

    ReplyDelete