Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Favorite Things - Part 1

I've decided to post a few of my favorite Looney Tunes collectibles. Two of them are collectible limited-edition Goebel figurines and the other is a limited-edition Bugs Bunny figurine that was sent out by the Collector's Guild at the Warner Bros. Studio Store (which is now closed, unfortunately).

"Rabbit of Seville"
The first is the complete Goebel "Barber Shop" set from 1997. It is based on the classic 1950 Chuck Jones short "Rabbit of Seville". Only 10,098 pieces of this set were produced. All together this figurine is worth about $275. I got a really good deal for it on eBay back in 2008. I remember when I was a kid seeing this in a shop at the mall and wanting to buy it. It was way too expensive but eleven years later I finally introduced it to my home.


"Duck Dodgers in the 24th 1/2 Century"
This is the one-piece Goebel "In the Name of Earth" figurine from 1997. Unfortunately, it is not the full set. It is based on the classic 1953 Chuck Jones short "Duck Dodgers in the 24th 1/2 Century". This figurine is worth about $110. I also got a pretty good deal for this on eBay back in 2008. It was the first of these figurines that I purchased.


"Collector's Guild Bugs Bunny Figurine"
This is a Bugs Bunny figurine sent out to Charter members of the Warner Bros. Collector's Guild in 1997. I purchased it for a decent price in 2010. I'm not sure how much it is really worth but I have seen it selling on eBay for around $200.


That wraps up my blog on "My Favorite Things - Part 1". Stay tuned for part two sometime in the near future. I know you are drooling with anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment