Thursday, June 9, 2011

Looney Tunes in the Third-Dimension


According to several online sources, Warner Bros. is going to continue releasing CG Looney Tunes shorts in theaters. And let me tell you, if there is one thing I hate it is CGI. Some may call me a 2D animation Nazi; because I am. It sickens me that CGI is taking over everything and traditional 2D animation is pretty much dead. I mean seriously, do people actually see how hideous these CG characters look? They are creepy as hell! All the little annoying bastards! Traditional animation is such a beautiful art form and it gets tossed aside because it's too costly and people just want to see ugly 3D characters with no life or personality voiced by jackass celebrities.

I did see the three CG Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote shorts that were released last year and I admit for 3D animation they are decent. They look a lot better than the pathetic attempt at the 2D animated Looney Tunes shorts from 2003. But unfortunately, they are only like three minutes long. Instead of wasting money on these CG shorts they should just remaster and release more of the original shorts to DVD. Either that or get a group together that actually has talent and produce untimely traditionally animated shorts. If only because I am sick as fuck of CG animation.

As for the non-ranting part of this blog, apparently the shorts are going to be animated to old recordings of Mel Blanc singing as the characters. I think that's pretty cool. But it'd be even cooler in 2D. Oh well. At least the legend's voice will be animated again even if it's only for two minutes.

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment