Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is This the Final Season of South Park?

The mid-season finale of South Park just aired about fifteen minutes ago, and I have to say that was the most emotional episode I've seen in fourteen years. I literally almost started to cry when Randy and Sharon had their argument. Why? Because it seems as if they were hinting that show is ending soon. Sounded like Trey and Matt were saying they think the show has turned to crap and don't know how much longer it will last. I guess after so long they're finally burnt out. Trey always said he never wanted to be doing South Park at 40 and he will be 42 in October. Matt Stone turned 40 on May 26th of this year.

video

I could really relate to Stan getting older and seeing everything he used to love turn to crap. That is exactly how I feel about life. Everything used to be awesome and now it sucks. Of course I didn't feel that way at ten years old, but I definitely feel that way going on twenty-seven. It's really scary to age. Everything changes for the worse it seems. Life loses its spark. There is nothing to get excited about. It's sure not the same as being eight, or even eighteen for that matter.

The episode ended with Stan moving away, or maybe it was Randy and Sharon splitting up. I wasn't quite sure because I was in such awe. I'll pick it up when I watch it a second time. It was a really good episode to be honest. Like always it was so true and pretty funny. I don't agree with Trey and Matt that the show has turned to shit. It may not be what it once was but it's still the best show on television and the only one I watch every week. I knew this was probably going to be South Park's last season but it is just now really starting to hit me. This is just speculation and I have no proof the show is ending, I'm just being realistic. Cheers to South Park, the greatest show ever created. It seriously changed my life when it debuted in 1997. Don't believe me? Check out my South Park collection below:

I own over 500 pieces of South Park merchandise. (2005)

Growing up, South Park had a bigger impact on me than anything else in the world. It taught me to think differently and question things, but more importantly it inspired me creatively. It really got me into writing comedy scripts and I used South Park characters as the first thing I ever animated in Flash. The show taught me to hold nothing sacred and make fun of everything, which is the philosophy I still live by to this day.

I hope the guys have at least one more season left in them. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Time flies by way too fast these days.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how it's been 3 years since the episode and they're still airing.

    ReplyDelete